Old Scout is a high-rye recipe bourbon made from 60% corn, 36% rye, and 4 % malted barley. Straight bourbon whiskey bottled at 99 proof, Old Scout is sweet and smooth, with notes of butterscotch, leather, and cherry pipe tobacco, and enjoys the bold character an excellent bourbon should deliver. It is blended in limited, hand-selected batches without chill filtration.
Smooth Ambler Old Scout 99 Proof Straight Bourbon Whiskey
- Mashbill: 60% corn, 36% rye, 4% malt. A high-rye bourbon.
- Distillation Process: Continuous column distillation.
- Aging: Approximately 5 years old, non-chill filtered.
- Source of grains: Grains from a variety of sources.
- Annual Production: 4,500 cases.
- Tasting Notes: Sweet and smooth, with notes of butterscotch and cherry pipe tobacco, it is exceptionally drinkable for 99 proof.
Shop all Smooth Ambler Whiskey Products