Smooth Ambler Contradiction Bourbon Whiskey
At Smooth Ambler, after we started merchant bottling the whiskey we call Old Scout, it jumped out at us that eventually it might be fun and intriguing to mix a tad bit of the delightful whiskey we source with the smooth and sweet wheated whiskey we distill here in West Virginia. In view of that idea, Contradiction was conceived; a mix of bourbon we make with bourbon we don’t. Contradiction is non-chill separated and is full-bodied, with notes of dried fruits and butter rum, and has the final result of tasting like a four-grain whiskey.
Smooth Ambler Contradiction Bourbon Whiskey Notes
- Mashbill | Merchant bottled bourbon made with corn, rye and malted barley married with homemade bourbon made with corn, wheat and malted barley.
- Distillation Process | Continuous column distillation and pot distillation.
- Aging | A blend of different straight whiskeys, there are different ages represented in Contradiction. The majority whiskey is more than 9 years in age.
- Source of grains | Grains from a variety of sources.
- Annual Production | Around 50,000 bottles.
- Tasting Notes | Full of oak, dried cherries, vanilla, and cinnamon creating a signature mature bourbon nose. Sweet from the wheat and spice from the rye and a bit of leather round out the palate. Its viscosity creates a smooth and pleasant finish.
Smooth Ambler Contradiction Bourbon Whiskey Awards
- World Whiskey Awards: Gold Medal
- Ultimate Spirits Challenge: 96 points
- Whisky Advocate: 90 points
- Spirits of the Americas Awards: Bronze Medal
Shop all Smooth Ambler Whiskey Products